Tuesday, November 1, 2011

NoSugarVember that's right....nothing....

Summer is now less than a month away...eeeeek! I am going up and down on about 3kg and it is so annoying, I lose, I gain, yet I cannot get to the goal I want to be which is 68kg.
I am actually about 4kg off and I really want to hit it by December so I have taken Jade's lead and decided to try NoSugarVember. To find out more about what it involves check out this website.
It is going to be so hard ahhhh It's not that I eat a lot of sugar, actually I am pretty healthy, it's more portion sizes I struggle with but I really will try.

Here is the extract from her blog:


ALLOWED FOODS:
  • Rolled oats, quinoa, millet, barley & brown rice
  • Veggies (just not potatoes, corn, sweet potatoes) 
  • 2 pieces of low-med sugar fruit (grapefruits, rockmelon, watermelon, berries, apple or rhubarb) per day
  • Oils, butter and avocado
  • Eggs, meat, chicken, fish & nuts
  • Bocconcini, cheddar, ricotta & goats cheese
  • 1 cup plain natural yoghurt or cottage cheese (just one cup of either per day)
  • Coffee, tea, herbal tea sparkling mineral water.. All minus sugar (dont add it!)
  • Ready for alcohol? Glass of red wine, low carb light beer, vodka, gin, rum & whiskey. Moderation is key (no more than 6/wk). Try not to consume alcohol during NoSugarVember, as avoiding alcohol is essential for fat loss. If you are happy with your weight and fat levels, then be my guest and consume alcohol in moderation.
Use your initiative & check foods if there is more than 3 grams of sugar (total serving) then it's a no go. For example some breads are within that range (Burgen rye bread) so you can have it.
BANNED FOODS:
  • Sugar and all sugar containing products (milk, ice cream, pastries, chocolate, soft drinks,etc You catch my drift right?)
  • Sauces and or condiments containing sugar 
Be aware and check your food labels (if you eat things from boxes,they will more than likely contain sugar. I'd love to write every food that contains sugar but quite frankly, I have a life! Ha. Just jump on goggle and have a search if you are unsure.

TIPS:

  • Suck it up! It's 30 days, you can do it!
  • Exercise to boost your results
  • Add a dash (I said a DASH!) of cream or coconut cream to coffee/tea if needed
  •  Flavour your water or sparkling mineral water with a squeeze of fresh lime or lemon! Drink truckloads of water throughout the day and after exercise.
  • Get over milk and soy! So many people have allergies to milk and dairy products. You need 700- 1200 mg per day of calcium You can get calcium from other sources such as: Spinach  150mg per cup & wakame, parsley,  sesame seeds 88mg per tablespoon, Almonds 250mg per 10 nuts, Sardines have 450mg/100g, Oysters contain 190/120g, cottage cheese 240mg/100g and surprisingly even herbs are one of the highest sources of calcium, coming in at an average 85-40mg per tablespoon. Even more reason to add flavour to your meals. Also get some sun! Why? Calcium needs vitamin D to be absorbed. 
  • Keep foods clean- protein, veg, nuts, natural yoghurt & wholegrain carbs. Watch tinned/canned items- check nutritional panel
 So I shall document my progress and let you all know how I go!

Wish me good luck!

Jaime xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...