Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Cheat days, friend or foe?

Lately I have been feeling like I live a double life, split personality, whatever you want to call it...Durign the week I am so healthy and fit and then come the weekend, something comes over me and I eat everything in sight, bad foods and all, then I weigh myself on the Monday morning and I have put on at least 1kg, then begins a cycle of being really good to lose that weight again.... so frustrating. One thing I tried last weekend was having a cheat day. I know, before you get all up at me for having a cheat day, for me, for right now, it works. A lot of people will tell you, that cheat days are terrible, that everything should be in moderation, I am doing that for sure and I am a huge fan of the moderation and not going without, but right now I need to break my cycle. 
I chose Saturday as my cheat day and when let me tell you, it was liberating. Now I just want to mention that this did not by any means meant that I gorged from sun up to sun down and I started my day with my usual healthy breakfast but in the afternoon when I felt like something sweet I got a packet of mashmellows, and if I wanted something I had it. It felt like it made all my hard work during the week worth it, made it easier to face the next week knowing I had that to look forward to. During the week if I felt like chocolate I would think, well if I still want it Saturday I will eat it Saturday and most times, I didn't. I went to the footy and had a saussage sizzle and really enjoyed it and when I went out that night I drank vodka lime and soda not wine. Then the next day it was back to the drawing board, and this time I had new strength to get through the week. 


I am not saying it is for everyone but it was something I needed and is working for me right now. 


Do you have cheat days?


Jaime 


xx

2 comments:

  1. I don't have cheat days, but I believe everyone has to listen to their body with things like this. What works for one person may or may not work for another. I suppose the essense of a cheat day is not to deny yourself anything, because then it becomes the food you dream about all day! Denial is the death knell of any healthy eating plan :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know and I do realize this, I don't deny myself during the week, it's justbthe weekend monster I'm trying to rein in and get under control. I know this is just for right now and once I get my weekends under control it will be moderation 24/7

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...