Thursday, August 25, 2011

Pole Dancing- What it's really like!

So on Monday night girls, I tried my first ever class of pole dancing... I was so nervous going into the class, what I thought was going to be 5 girls in my class ended up being 14! You have to wear short shorts and a singlet, bare feet are preferred and let me tell you, I was glad I had some fake tan on, it was like my armour. Ever since losing some weight it has been a real long time (apart from Thailand) since anyone say that much of my bare legs. I noticed that most of the girls doing the class were a few years younger than me and all were quite skinny yet I was not going to let this get to me, when I looked in the big mirrors I realised I am actually probably not that much bigger than them! Yay!

Let me say that I am not the most coordinated person around and definitely not the strongest so doing this for me was always going to be a massive challenge, I thought "yeh right, like you will ever get me to fling myself around the pole, or hang upside down, good luck with that" but me, trying to be the new me, thought I would give it a go. 
We did a nice long warm up which I must admit we all struggled with even that. Then came the body rolls, jesus christ my legs! I am not really a fan of lunges so the non stop bending killed me and actually still hurts me now... oww.... Even though it hurt like hell, it was really fun, we all were really uncoordinated which was a big relief to know we all struggled. After the body rolls we then learnt how to move around the poll (on the ground) doing bends and twirls which took coordination and skill, but even though they were hard they were doable. At the end of the class we began to learn the dance which we will be performing at the end of our 8 week course. We learn a little bit more each week to the song Rhiannon Disturbia, so far I am loving the routine, it seems so fast and hard but I know it will get easier. 

Right now I am definetley not flinging myself around but I am feeling a lot more confident and keen to learn more. And let me tell you my instructor has the most amazing toned figure and if this will get me that, or even close I would be happy!



Have you ever tried pole dancing classes?



Jaime 


xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...