Saturday, January 7, 2012

I surprised myself when I went to my parents house...

Happy New Year!! So this year I am back, I am focused and ready for a healthy new year. Unfortunatley I got this random ear infection which landed me in hospital so I headed back to my parents place for a few days to recover as I wasn't doing well on my own but that's not the point to my story...

Whilst I was there, something very interesting happened...

It started off simple... my parents decided to go a easy microwave dinner of spaghetti and meatballs which normally I would have loved but this time, the salt was so overpowering I couldn't handle it, I didn't finish it...

Then I went to have dessert, the standard ice-cream and fresh strawberries, yum right? But no, one mouthful and the sugar was so powerful, so sickly sweet, I couldn't eat it... my dad was quite happy though. 

Then my parents had a guest over and we had T-Bone steak and salad which I made, I got stuck into the salad, but couldn't finish my steak. My dad, bless him, thought I didn't like it, but no I was just "full". I didn't need all that steak...

More and more of these occasions kept happening to me and it really took me by surprise... I really think my mentality has shifted... I didn't expect it to happen so quickly but I am grabbing this by both horns and running with it. 

When you get in the "I'm losing weight" mentality it is great from here... You look at food differently, you assess is this going to be beneficial to my weight loss? If no, why would I want to put that into my body?

I hope you have all decided to get back into it in the new year, weight loss is not a fad, this is a healthy life decision and something that really is for life...

I plan on posting a lot more now so look forward to hearing from me soon!

Have you made the decision to change your life yet?

With Love, 

Jaime xx

2 comments:

  1. That's great! It just gets easier with this mentality

    ReplyDelete
  2. you're doing extremely well Jaime! I need a new mentality and mind set for 2012! Looking forward to more health and fitness related post hun!

    x

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...